Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Squeaky Wheel

Recently I posted about vacant lots in the Colman Triangle, with just a little extra attention paid to the lots owned by Tim O'Shea on Holgate between 24th and 25th. I've written about this lot in my own blog, and this summer have taken to calling him about once a week to clean up his property, and always got "it's on my calendar." And nothing would happen. Last week my neighbors and I stepped up the pressure: several calls daily, promises for more. I was just about to post old Tim to rottennieghbor.com.

On Monday, Tim came by with a crew who spent most of the day clearing the jungle that's grown up around his sometimes-vacant buildings.

There's more to do chez O'Shea: still people squatting there, and the lots are a menace, nuisance, annoyance...but at least the grass is cut.

Good work, squeaky wheel.

No comments: