Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vacant Lots on Colman Triangle

I've been working on a map of vacant lots in the Colman Triangle. Inspired mostly by the eyesore across the street from me, owned by Tim O'Shea (well-established slumlord). With the help of the King County web site parcel viewer and Google Maps, I've marked and described several of the vacant/abandoned lots in our neighborhood. For each, I've tried to identify the current taxpayer for the property and any permits or known plans for development. Click on the map markers to see info.

It's a work in progress, and the information is only as good as what I can learn from the county site. I'm happy to be corrected.

The goal here is to acknowledge that there are unused properties around us (though Tim O'Shea's are used by squatters and drug dealers), to know who owns them (mostly absentee landlords), and to encourage them to maintain the properties, trim the overgrowth, keep things safe.



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Carollani said...

I LOVE the empty lot south of Plum between 24th and 25th. I like taking my dog up there to run around in all that empty space, and during blackberry season it's the BEST place in the neighborhood to find the big juicy ripe ones.